This fund is intended to provide research-related support to UMBC full-time faculty or Ph.D. students in the humanities The maximum award to an individual is $1,000 (there is no minimum) and all funding requests will be reviewed by the Dresher Center Advisory Board.
Examples of potentially fundable expenses include:
- Research travel to archives or to present work at symposia or conferences (where not funded through other sources)
- Services of a research or editorial assistant
- Transcription or other technical assistance
- Purchase of research-related materials (books, documents, copies, images, maps, etc)
Scholarly Development funds are intended only for scholars who have already exhausted available DRIF, departmental, and CAHSS support.
A complete application will include:
- A letter of need explaining the purpose for the funds, the precise amount of the request, and why this support would make a difference in the scholarly goals of the applicant. Reference should also be made to why no other DRIF, departmental or CAHSS support is available or sufficient to this need.
- A brief memo (1-2 paragraphs) of support from a Chair or Graduate Program Director noting that all available departmental and CAHSS funds have been tapped first.
If you are interested in applying for the Scholarly Development Fund, submit an email to email@example.com. Include the subject line, “Scholarly Development Fund.”