Announcing search for Dresher Center Associate Director
Letters on Interest due April 17
The Dresher Center seeks an Associate Director to work closely with the Director and the Dresher Center team to shape and implement Dresher Center programs, grant proposals, and budget. The Associate Director will assist the Director in strategic decision making and shaping Dresher Center initiatives and goals. The Associate Director will also be responsible for serving in the Director’s place should the Director be unable to attend various Dresher Center activities or programs, or at university events or meetings.
Potential duties for the Associate Director include:
- Work with the Center Coordinator to schedule and coordinate Dresher Center workshops such as the "Currents: Works in Progress" series, and the Fellows and Others workshops (scheduling, recruiting/communicating with presenters, drafting/revising descriptions). Attend and facilitate workshops as needed.
- With the Dresher Center team, continue to offer HTLabs and other potential programs focused on public and community-engaged research/teaching.
- Participate in selecting speakers for the Humanities Forum. Attend, introduce speakers, and host meals as needed.
- Help establish and expand Dresher Center programming for undergraduates, in conjunction with both the Dresher Center Director and the Director of the Humanities Scholars Program.
- Assist in evaluating Dresher Center activities and writing the Dresher Center annual report.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings and quarterly Board meetings, participate in strategic planning and budgeting. Attend monthly CAHSS chairs and directors’ meetings.
- Assist in administering other center programs as needed.
Open to: Tenure track faculty in humanities fields (minimum: advanced assistant or already tenured). Preference to those who have been formally involved in Dresher Center programs (fellowships, advisory board, Inclusion Imperative programs, etc.)
Please send short (1 page) letter of interest and current C.V by April 17 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Jessica Berman: email@example.com
Posted: April 3, 2023, 4:22 PM